Sunday, March 13, 2011

I forget what week

So I just finished my very first transfer and I'm so proud of myself. I'm a seasoned missionary now! Okay, maybe not but at least I'm not the greenest one in the mission.

This week was pretty uneventful, we've just been solidifying our baptismal sets. One of our girls asked us yesterday if she could get baptized a week earlier so I was pretty excited after church.

On Thursday I went on a trade off with one of the members in the ward, Brother Day, to visit some less actives. Bro Day is probably the coolest guys I've met. He's a self made millionaire who's into motorcycles and he lives on the fringes of town in this massive house with a track on his property. We have dinner at their house on Thursday so pray for me that I'll have the strength to stay off his brand new KTM 350. Bah! Maybe we should just cancel. The guy is super knowledgeable too, he knows everything there is to know about church history and the scriptures so we can have both a worldly or a gospel centered conversation and I'm still interested.

We also had a bit of a misshap with one of our investigators. She is a single mother who's been trying to give up smoking cause she knows it's hurting her and her children but she's still struggling with it. To help comfort her we asked her to read 1 Nephi 3:7 before we came back, the "I will go and do" scripture. A couple days later we got a call from her telling us that she thought we were sick and that she didn't want to see us again and if we tried coming to her house she'd be "ready". We couldn't understand what she was talking about so we went over to her house to talk to her. At first she was almost hysterical and wouldn't shut up about how she had all this family that would be here as soon as she called. When she finally calmed down enough to talk we learned what had gone wrong. Instead of reading 1 Nephi 3:7 she had read 3 Nephi 3:7 and then had continued to verse 8. Read over the verses and then re read what it was she was saying to us.

When I realized what had happened I seriously almost died laughing. She was still wary of us until we laughed our heads off and then explained what was occuring in 3 Nephi chapter 3. Funniest experience so far.

So that's all that was interesting this week. Oh yeah, I finally got mail after transfers cause we only get it then, every 6 weeks.


So that's really everything. I love you guys, I'll be praying for all you guys. If there's one thing I know it's that God hears. That's never been so evident as on my mission. I love it here!

Elder Keifer

No comments:

Post a Comment