This week was pretty good. We had 2 baptisms, 1 a 12 year old girl named Zhontee and then a 9 year old named Izana. Both were really really smart and blew the zone leaders away during their interviews. Whoo hoo! Those are m'girls! I got to baptize lil Izana, hence why I'm in white in the picture. Both are from less active families who aren't coming back to church but both said they wanted the blessings that baptism brings. We're using Zhontee as a member missionary tool already and we'll be teaching her friends soon. Suh-weet!
I can't believe I forgot to mention this last week but I did so I'll say it now.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!
Did you guys do anything? Hopefully you had cake at least. The cake mixes here stink compared to back home, not even worth buying. Lately I've been finding a lot of stuff not worth buying. Oh well, everytime I do I get a little wiser and will save money later. The other day I made burgers for my comp and I and he thought they were the greatest things ever. All I did was mix some onion with the ground beef but he thought it was crazy good. I think the reason is cause everything's really bland here. People set out hunks of potato, pumpkin and kumara to eat with like nothing on them. Kumara is like a potato but grosser. Oh, after Zhontee's baptism we went over and I had my first hongi! Hongi is when they cook the meat in the ground. As cultural as it is, it's gross. There's no barbeque sauce on it and loads and loads of fat. The whole thing tastes like an ash tray. I wish I could take Elder Whaanga to just 1 of our barbeques, have him taste Dad's ribs nd see what he thinks of it. I think people here tend to stick with more cultural stuff then tasty stuff. Hmmm, I think it's time they wisen up and start importing some Sweet Baby Ray's.
Hey is it conference weekend there? We have it the following week because if they broadcast it live here we'd be watching it in the early early morning Sunday and Monday. Tell me how conference is and what talks to look out for next week.
One last thing, could you guys get me Nate, Cameron, the Pace's and the Dayleys addresses for me? Like old brother Dayley in Camas now. That would be sweet.
Okay, I love you guys! Kristine, you better start emailing me! What's you email address? You have friends in New Zealand waiting to send you stuff!
Okay, now I'm really done. Love yous!
Elder Keifer (or for the kids Elder Big Bird cause it's easier to say)
No comments:
Post a Comment